EU (GDPR) and Swiss Data Protection Compliance
In 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) become enforceable worldwide to any organizations based in Europe, processing data of data subjects located in the European Union or monitoring their behavior.
As of 1 September 2023, the revised version of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, very much aligned to the GDPR but with a few differences, became enforceable to all organizations processing personal data with effect in Switzerland.
Not sure where to start ? What documentation to use ? What immediate measures and actions to take to ensure you are compliant?
Our lawyers have experience advising and supporting foreign, EU and Swiss organizations on data protection compliance and privacy program implementation. Our data privacy specialists will guide you step-by-step so that you can achieve the best level of compliance based on your needs, risks on the processing and legal requirements.
We offer you to access template materials, DPO and Swiss representative external services, training for your staff and organization from employees to the senior executive level. datalex also develops its own tools and legal documentation, templates and checklists. We review, draft and negotiate service agreements and vendor contracts for your specific needs.
Ensure compliance and upskills your organization to embed a privacy vision and culture into your daily operations and improve your brand with more trust to your clients, business partners and consumers.
Our implementation strategy
- Evaluate the conformity of your activities and their level of maturity.
- Map your data and create an inventory of processing (data mapping).
- Define an action plan and map the processed data.
- Approve a plan and find a consensus.
- Implement the GDPR principles based on your plan.
- Monitor and manage vendor contracts with your business partners and subcontractors.
- Prepare for data and security breach and incident response.