Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Outsource your data protection officer
When do I need to appoint a DPO
Under the GDPR, certain situations require your organization to appoint a data protection officer (DPO):
- are you a public entity?
- are you processing on a large scale sensitive personal data or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences?
- do your processing activities imply regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale?
If yes, then you will likely haveto appoint a DPO in order to comply with the GDPR.
datalex offers external DPO services to SMEs and small multinationals. We act independently and in full confidentiality.
Why outsourcing your DPO
There are several reasons why you would better appoint an external data protection officer rather than hiring one.
- NO HR. You do not want to go through a long, costly and time consuming recruitment process. It might also depend on your policies, your company culture, or a matter of independence and confidentiality to hire an external professional.
- Budget control. We offer tailor-made economic models, such as maximum fees per month, or monthly flat rates, both for particular tasks we decide together. Those model are based on the type of services, the scope and the extent of the role you would assign us.
- Flexibility. You decide what tasks to include in our service contract. You can chose to appoint immediately our firm as an external DPO without affecting your headcounts and the related budget.
- Concentrate on your business. The “DPO-as-a-Service” formula or on-demand external DPO, suits perfectly for startups, SMEs and small multinationals that do not have time and ressources to recruit someone internally.